As our operating base is located in Tasmania, the State Premier’s announcement – that fourteen days quarantine will apply for new arrivals to the state from midnight Friday 20 March 2020 – will have some flow on consequences to some of our clients, specifically those who have booked software training:
- Our custom mapping and on-line services are unaffected and will continue as normal.
- All training courses booked for none-Tasmanian residents and scheduled to take place from the second quarter of financial 2020-21 will have to be postponed. That includes both our own on-site courses and any scheduled to take place on a client’s work site, as the quarantine measure will rightly apply to both client personnel and MapMakers’ staff.
- Deposits paid have been refunded in full, to impacted clients.
- Courses for Tasmanian resident clients will occur as scheduled, all else remaining equal.
- On-line video-based training arrangements have been put in place and offered to scheduled participants. Please contact us should an on-line training option be of interest.
We apologise for the inconvenience this will cause and look forward to full resumption of services as soon as circumstances allow. Thank you for your understanding and we wish you all continued good health.